From:
Vaughn Bennison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Dec 2013 08:42:49 +1100
Hi all,

I am looking at purchasing my first hf radio, and am primarily looking at
the TSS590, and the TS2000.  I am having a fair amount of difficulty in
coming to a decision.  I recognise the fact that the 2000 does VHF and UHF
as well as HF, which is an advantage, but as I have a handheld VHF/UHF radio
already, I'm not sure it's a big one considering that the 2000 is an older
radio, and does not have USB for computer control, (only RS232).

Can anyone who has owned or used both give me a reasonably objective
viewpoint as to which would be the better choice, in terms of accessibility
and useability?  They are much the same price, with the 2000 being slightly
more expensive.  Is the VGS1 chip a significant improvement over the VS3?
Does the 590 have many useful features the 2000 does not?

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Vaughn - VK7FADA.