From:
Jim Gammon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Nov 2013 10:53:49 -0800
Hi David, a few more details about the set up here, I think it's
a model r5.  I have a 5/8 inch 8 foot ground rod pounded in at
the bottom of the antenna which is like I indicated, mounted on a
10 foot pole which is pounded into the ground itself
with the top couple of feet that are in the ground surrounded
with concrete.  Clamped to that pole is another ten foot pole a
little smaller OD that the antenna fits over.  The soil is hard
clay and we are about 1 mile south of the straights that run from
the confluence of the San Juaquine and Sacramento rivers to the
SF Bay.  73, Jim WA6EKS     ----- Original Message -----