From:
Mike Barnard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Aug 2013 07:23:18 -0400
There is a way to do P L tones.  I haven't done it yet, although the
tutorial I have gave instructions. I think that while in F M mode you
press 7 on the keypad and you can set it, I checked it out, but
haven't used it.  Also you can do split frequencies.  When I get my 6
meter antenna up I will be trying it more.
I am not sure about the starting and stopping the memory recording.
At 01:42 PM 8/3/2013, you wrote:
>Mike, do you know of any way to transmit PL tones with the 480?
>Also, is their a way to stop a memory from playing with the tap of the key.
>I can interrupt a memory but when I stop sending, it starts. I think
>if you hold the 2 key it stops.  There are many more on this list
>that know the radio better than I.  I got my general in October of
>last year and am still not sure of everything so maybe someone else
>can answer better than I.

I just haven't used that part of the radio that much yet.