Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
"Mike Duke, K5XU" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Feb 2014 20:25:53 -0600
Phil wrote:

"I heard HK1TU ... He was sending, between contacts, CQ TEST
at
probably 70 WPM then his call at about 25 WPM ... We
couldn't do that type of thing before computer contesting
software ..."

K5XU Replies:

There were a few stations on the air this weekend that I
would not call for that very reason. Some of those stations
were sending at a respectable speed, but had their automated
call and power level cranked up to a level that was
beyond outrageous. I know this is done in order to "make
more points," but some of these guys push things way past
anything logical. I personally think that practice should be
outlawed, but I also know that will never happen. At that
level, fewer contacts mean fewer points when a person must
constantly ask for repeats of the serial number.

And, some stand alone keyers will now let you program them
that way, or so I am told.

I also think it sounds quite ridiculous, and says nothing
about good operating practice.

Mike Duke, K5XU