Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 23 Jan 2014 10:55:20 -0500
7bit
From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Mike,

I've not used this tube, although it has been around forever.  My
understanding is that  2 things that will kill the tubes are too much
drive and/or too much key down time while tuning.

Here is a link from W8JI's page.  He worked for Ameritron years ago and
designed some of the amps still in production.    I think he may have
had some input in the MFJ/Ameritron SS amps being offered today.

Here is his tuning info on 811 and 811H amps.   Of course neither of the
methods shown here use  the TW-1 tuning tone, but maybe you can glean
some helpful info.

http://www.w8ji.com/al811h_and_811_tuning_supplement.htm

73, Steve KW3A