Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Sun, 5 Jan 2014 07:07:33 -0500
7bit
From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
There used to be some nice PVC enclosed J poles on ebay made by someone in 9
land. I have 2 of the 2 meter/440 ones and one 220. The dual banders are up
and honestly  are right on par with my much more expensive diamond antennas.
I did the A-B comparison and actually sold my diamond X200 because I didn't
notice any difference. I can't compare the 220 one with anything and haven't
put it up at my current home, probably won't but that was in my attic and
did a great job when I lived with my parents which is how I discovered those
antennas. . I actually had one of the dual banders up about 60 feet in a
tree at my last apartment, I was hiding it, land lord said I could have it
but I didn't want the questions where houses and apartments were everywhere.
The tree fell down, the antenna took a nice shot against the apartment roof
as the tree came through. That antenna is up now, no repairs nothing, it's
my packet antenna right now. How that thing survived I'll never know, it's
banged up, you can tell the marks but it's been up 2 years here and working
perfect. It was up a year and a half at the apartment before tropical storm
Irene which put the tree through my roof. I had to get someone to pick up
the tree so I could crawl under it to rescue the antenna, I thought very
hard about leaving it figuring it couldn't possibly work. I think I paid $30
each for them, maybe less, I can't remember but it wasn't much. I know one
of the makers was involved in an accident and was out of it for a while but
if he's back or not I don't know. 2 guys make these in a garage.