Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sun, 15 Dec 2013 23:35:00 -0700
7bit
Sender:
From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
About noon on Saturday, I was listening with my G5RV at only 38 feet and I
was copying from Brazil to Alaska on CW and SSB.  I also found the top
signal at about 10.145 so that means a lot of CW ops were hearing a lot of
stations.  I copied a lot of back scatter and groundwave stations, weak, but
with an amp, they were easily workable.  I sat and listened to a guy in
Montana, S0, for about 10 minutes and he was working everything I could hear
and he, the Montana station, was a steady copy, how be it, weak, as I said.
I didn't tune more than an hour so I didn't hear any Japanese but if I can
copy Alaska, I normally can hear Japan a few hours later about mid
afternoon.

For those of you new to the band, this is nothing.  Wait until 10 meters
truly opens worldwide and coast to coast.  You won't find room to operate by
yourself unless you are loud so everybody spreads out then.  Before band
restrictions, I used to copy, and work, SSB guys clear up to 28.8 and 28.9
in a contest but hearing all that activity this weekend was great.

Phil.
K0NX