Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 24 Aug 2013 13:43:57 -0400
7bit
Sender:
From:
I have no issue with his point about opening the site up.  However, I have
the following observations:

1.  The page isn't very friendly.  I am a member and did log in.  The
callsign results aren't demarcated by being on a heading or list.  You need
to use the screen-find command to conveniently find it.  You can probably
set a placemarker, but it might have to be dynamic to account for the
varying ad activity.

2.  Simple lookups work fine; I have been hit-or-miss on being able to bring
up the details.  When I look up my call, I invariably get my little
biographic blurb that I put in when I joined.  Trying to get the detailed
view that shows my expiration date, grid square, county, etc. is kind of
hit-or-miss.

The way the site works to get that info is that there are "tabs" for
biography, Details, Logbook.  If you enter somebody's call, you get the
biographic view that just shows their address and nothing else unless
they've written something.

If you enter on the detail tab, it doesn't always refresh the page at least
with my IE8 and Jaws latest build or with Window Eyes.  It would have been
better as a straightforward combobox.

What you have to do is treat the tabs almost like a combo box.  In other
words, if you enter on one of them, it will activate forms mode.  Then arrow
up or down until you get the right one.  Then press enter to get out of
forms mode, possibly refresh the page and look for a table that has the
detailed results.  Because of the way it is coded, the screen reader doesn't
identify it as a combo box.

As an experiment, I entered my friend Bob's call.  The first time I tried
this, it ended up on a logbook page that showed his contacts on 144MHz
sideband with Kd8AJC.  After the second try, I was able to bring up the
detailed view.  The detailed view is kind of cool, because not only does it
show the grid square but also shows the path from my location to his, which
is 57.9 miles at 238 degrees in this case.

3.  QRZ is the best site as some other database sites don't geocode your
location info as well.  Some sites used to summarize everything by zip code;
my code is in two counties and those other sites invariably listed me in the
wrong county because the largest population in that zipcode resides in Eaton
rather than Ingham County.

Steve, K8SP