From:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Nov 2013 13:45:01 -0400
There is some likelihood that the CQWW CW contest, November 23 and 24, will
have a high solar flux number, because the sun rotates in 27 days and this
contest is 28 days later than CQWW phone.  But solar active regions remain
active for limited unknown periods of time.  I think mid-December will
probably be better than last year, but not as good as two years ago.  Of
course, part of the ten meter contest depends on sporadic-E propagation,
which has a secondary peak in mid-winter and is not affected much by solar
activity, but which can sometimes be nonexistent.  So if you want to build
your DX total on 10, CQWW CW will probably be worth a try, and the ten-meter
contest might be good.

Lloyd Rasmussen, Kensington, MD
http://lras.home.sprynet.com