From:
Leslie Ament <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Leslie Ament <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Mar 2014 10:33:29 -0400

Just an update.  Celebrity offered us $400 coupons for a future cruise
which we declined.  They then wanted to speak to directly to tell me that
the president of Royal Carribean (parent company) and Celebrity are aware
of my situation and that after speaking with the management of the
Celebrity Millenium, they decided my treatment was not worthy of a refund.

If you have Celiac or any other medical condition, I suggest you do not
believe them as they will tell you multiple times that you will be taken
care of--and then will ignore you once they have your money.

For background on what happened please read:

http://glutenfreetravelsite.com/Celebrity-Millenium--Southeast-Asia-Cruise/101/4013.php

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=251607

Worst Cruise Ever: Snarky staff, mediocre food, run-down ship

I have Celiac Disease which means I must adhere to a Gluten-free diet.
Before making the reservation, I sent a list of things I can and cannot eat
to the agent and special-diets email and was assured that Celebrity could
handle all of my dietary requirements. I inquired again one month before
sailing and asked if GF food and supplies would be loaded on the ship and
was told yes, they would look after me. LIARS! There was only one type of
GF bread on the entire ship for 14 days--Food for Life Rice bread in white
and brown rice. NO muffins, edible waffles/pancakes (to be fair, the cook
tried, but without GF flour mixes on board the results were inedible),
crackers, cookies, hot cereal, noodles (except for one brand of Pad Thai)
but NO pasta sauce, and of course at the daily high tea--no tea cakes or
cupcakes in sight.

Dr. Leslie Ament