Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 17 Sep 2012 21:49:40 -0400
From:
Linda Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>

Can't believe a week has gone buy since we returned from Bob and Ruth Levy's Eastern Mediterranean cruise (Holland America's Roman Empire cruise). It was fabulous. 10 days at sea, plus 3 days in Rome.

While it is possible to be accommodated for a gluten-free diet without going with a club, there is a difference when Bob handles it. He does a lot of detail work with the chefs, so we were treated like royalty anywhere we went to eat on the ship, and he oversaw most meals in Rome. It was wonderful.

Having traveled with Bob on tours, I didn't know he doesn't handle the shore excursions, so i was worried. But I took my Italian and Greek gf Triumph Dining cards and googled and printed out gf sheets in Turkish and Croatian. I also called HAL ahead of time, and they advised me to have the shore excursion desk people email the shore tour vendors, before hand... if you choose tours with meals, like I did. I was up at the desk as soon as they opened. It worked our fine. Most, but not all, of the guides, knew i needed a special meal... Which was easy in that region. Only once did I have to eat my back up food.

It is to Bob's credit that I came home with almost all of my backup stuff. The only other time I needed it was on the flight. US Airways screwed gf on both flights for one of our fellow travelers and westbound, for me. But we arranged flight meals on our own. It had nothing to do with Bob.

Sent from my iPhone
*******
*******