ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 May 2014 16:20:32 -0600
Andrew,

It probably would give you more access to people and things you don't have
in a rural setting.  NFB centers do a lot of good but Vicki, on the list
here, is active in the American council of the Blind.  She might be able to
give you some direction along those lines, too.  There is a large NFB rehab
training center here in Denver and I've had friends go there and learned
better cane traveling techniques, computer training, and lots of other such
things.  They invited me to be a guest speaker once but they didn't know I
was no longer involved with that organization, haha, but I went anyway and
nobody hung me from a tall tree or shot me or anything.  Others on the list
might have suggestions along these lines, too.

Phil.