ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 22 Dec 2003 08:04:26 -0500
Hey, Matt

I understand your trauma over the bike.  When I first started driving I was
renting an apartment in a converted 2-story house and came out to find my
car which I had hardly ever driven halfway out in the street.  It had been
parked by the curb in good order and legally and some so and so (I always
suspected it was the drunk brother of my landlord) hit the rear end, dented
it and knocked it into the street.  (He claimed someone came careening down
the street, hit the car and kept going, but it was only a tiny thing...a
Chevy Nova slash Toyota Corolla if anyone remembers those.  Actually a
Corolla but with all Chevy naming with a deal with Chevy).  Anyway, if it
had happened as he had said it would have been way out in the street and
smashed but it was only slightly away from the curb and dented so I knew it
was only this idiot trying to park behind me that did it.

Anyway, I went through a real time of torment thinking that the LORD wasn't
protecting me as I felt He should.  Smile.  So I understand your grief.

As far as the golf cart or whatever next vehicle you do get, please do check
that you are allowed to bring it on the street.  I think the laws are a lot
stricter for something motorized, even a tiny motor scooter, than a bike.

Paul