ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
lion ofgod <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Dec 2003 14:08:17 -0500
Hey, Family

You'll remember I asked you a few weeks ago to pray for a chaplain's son who has cancer.  The update isn't good.  A tumor was removed from his femur bone to prevent the cancer spreading if the bone broke, but because it is a rare form of cancer there is a 25% possibility of recurrence and possible spread.  Also, if it does spread, it won't be treated with radiation or chemotherapy.  The only recommended solution is removal, so if it shows up in the lungs (which the boy seems to be worried about), they would have to cut part of his lungs out, etc.  He had hoped to join the Army but now those hopes seem dashed as well.

The father and son are both very discouraged.  The father told me, choking back tears, "I could handle it if it were happening to me, but for it to be happening to my son, and powerless to do anything about it, it's hard to take."

Please continue to pray.

Thanks.

Paul