C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Swami Suddhananda <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Aug 2013 08:12:44 -0400
Check out Push Girls - available through streaming on Netflix.
Lets talk where the rubber meets the road - able-bodied actors and
actresses go through all kinds of machinations to look the way they do...if
folks with visible physical challenges can put on the same type of
appearance, it looks like there are doors that can be kicked open with
persistence, a thick skin, heavy duty protective pump heels and a solid
footplate on one's wheelchair. (Just teasing about the shoes and footplate.)
I love what Ed Roberts decided - "People are gonna stare so I decided I am
a rock star."  And he became a star in his world.

--
Swami Suddhananda 108 Yogaville Way Buckingham, VA 23921 434-942-8622