From:
"Alan R. Downing" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Jul 2013 05:36:17 -0700
Hello Howard #3,

When I was taking my license exams back in the early/mid 1960's, I had to
take my exams, above Novice that is, from the FCC in Boston.  The biggest
challenge was trying to understand the examiner's actual reading of the
questions and answers.  I will never forget that guy and his name.  His name
was Don Black, and the poor guy couldn't read.  No joking.  He couldn't
pronounce any of the technical terms.  I was fortunate to pass every exam,
but it was quite difficult trying to guess what the questions were as he
read, if you can call it reading.  He also gave the impression that he realy
didn't want to be there.  I knew other blind applicants that took exams from
the same fellow, and they all had the same problem as I did.  What a guy!

Best 73

Alan R. Downing
Phoenix, AZ