From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Mar 2014 14:50:11 -0700
I haven't heard Europeans 20 over S9 for years on 10 meters but I did Sunday
morning for quite awhile and that's just on my G5RV up 38 feet.  Saturday
night, the Japanese were crawling all over the phone band on 10 meters, too,
and some were super loud.  I copied a bunch of 100 watt JA signals, too,
late into the evening.  This morning, Sunday, 15 was even better but 10
really was rolling.  I took down my taller tower, 65 footer, with all my
rotating antennas, a few years ago so my son could build a house on the back
of my property.  Unless I go self supporting, I don't have enough of yard
space left to put up anything other than this 38 feet of tower bolted to the
back of my house but I'm hankering do do something with the bands sounding
as they did today.  Maybe I can get my son to let me put up a guyed 100
footer right on his, and my, property lines with one of the guy anchors at
the end of his lot and the other's anchors in my lot, haha.  Yes, he will
agree to it because I still own his Honda 1000 motor cycles he got used for
just under 5 grand.  My wife and I had to get the loan for him so fair is
fair.

Phil.
K0NX