From:
Michael Thurman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Feb 2014 10:42:08 -0500
that makes total sense, since optical drives are being phased out of computers. i think we will see optical media disappear for anything gbut a desktop, or available only as an accessory you connect via usb when you need to use it, and someday perhaps disappear altogether. I am honestly surprised that blue ray drives are not commonplace now and are still rather expensive in comparison to dvd drives. I can’t remember the last time I even saw software distributed on a cd. 700 mb is a pathetically small size for media these days. it is amazing to see how fast storage expands.. When I bouh this macbook  half a tb was considered insane, and now many laptops come with 1tb standard. It seems no matter how much storage we get, our data expands to fill the available space eventually. 5 years ago i thought I would never need more than 700 gb, and now I have several tb of storage here at home and plan on getting more Jut my backup files and media almost fill 4 tb