From:
Lou Kolb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Feb 2014 21:05:01 -0500
John, you're lucky indeed!  I'm right in town here and, although the higher
bands aren't bad with a resting noise level of s5 or so, I consistantly get
s7 to s8 on 80.  I imagine its at least that high on 160, although I don't
have an antenna on that band. And that's another reason to operate CW, you
can null most of that noise out, especially with today's receivers.  Lou
WA3MIX
Lou Kolb
Voice-over Artist:
Radio/TV Ads, Video narrations