From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Jan 2014 21:11:08 -0500
John,

As for auto or manual, you need to decide whether ease of operation or
widest matching range is  most important.    Most auto tuners have an
adequate range, but there is always the odd situation  where a
particular band on a particular antenna just won't tune.

I think you have a solid state amp, and you may not want to bother with
tuning a manual  tuner every time you change bands, or even after a wide
  frequency change within a band.

I do have a MFJ high power auto tuner, and a Palstar manual, also rated
in excess of 1.2 kw.   I've never had a problem with either.

You may want to consider a tuner rated for more than your current 600
watt needs.   This will give you some added headroom and  allow you to
upgrade the amp sometime in the future without also having to buy
another tuner.

73, Steve KW3A