From:
"Jim Kutsch, KY2D" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Jan 2014 21:53:42 -0500
Tom,
The absolutely best thing to do is just download AC Log and install it and
start playing around with it. It's really quite easy and you can play then
delete all your sample data and start over. The basic logging can be done
from the keyboard at first, then you can add the rig interface, then you can
add Logbook of the World. Even if there are days or weeks between those
three phases, you'll be able to use it. Even without the rig interface and
LOTW, you can run W1AW quite easily. The date/time fields are automatically
populated and the other fields, except call sign, are automatically carried
down from the previous entry. So, your band, mode, and signal report don't
have to be touched after the first entry unless you change band or mode. As
someone else pointed out, the US and Canadian station name, city, and
state/province (and even mailing address) are automatically populated in
your log from a free callbook you can download.

When you eventually get LOTW set up, all your earlier entries can then be
uploaded. Even if you don't get to that, you can export your W1AW logs and
email them to someone else if necessary.

I'd be glad to call you by phone and talk you through any part of it after
you download and install the software. Just let me know when you are ready.
The download is free and it's fully-functioning for free for 30 days. After
that, there's a fee but it's for life and not too expensive.

73, Jim