From:
Date:
Tue, 3 Dec 2013 19:49:25 -0600
Okay, I found the answer to my question myself concerning the "ATOm." It
sounds somewhat similar to what we used to call the "tuning gimmick," way
back in the early 60's. I built two of the tuning gimmicks from the
schematic diagram described in vivid detail by Bob Gunderson, W2JIO, in his
Braille Technical Press. In fact, I saw one of them ones I built just about
2 hours ago when I was looking for a 12 v. power supply in my shack. I
flipped the switch on the tuning gimmick just to see if it would make any
sound, and much to my surprise, it took off working just fine. I haven't
turned it on in probably 10 or 12 years.

Ron, K8HSY