From:
eric oyen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Nov 2013 17:10:48 -0700
yeah, and it seems to be a problem only with this particular list server (I am on about 20 other lists and this is the only one that does this). it might be a settings issue that the server admin (hardware server admin that is) would have to address. I do notice on mine that these only occur at the beginning and and of each line (line feed/carriage return characters perhaps?). anyway I have sent this issue up to apple and have yet to hear anything.

oh yes, and to answer the previous posters question about tuning the antenna. There are several methods available:
1. tune to maximum noise in the receiver (this can be a bit tricky if the band has a lot of noise on it)
2. use an audio SWR bridge and tune using the transmitter at very low power
3. use an accessible SWR antenna analyzer (if such a thing exists)
4. use an audio field strength meter and tune for maximimum output (at the lowest possible power)
5. acquire (if possible) a palomar tuner-tuner noise bridge and use it to tune the noise to minimum noise in the receiver (opposite of 1). this will actually get you close to resonance.

those are the methods I have been known to use and all of them work to some degree or another (particularly 5.).

-eric