From:
Steve Dresser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Nov 2013 10:32:21 -0500
Kevin,

I went through a lot of gyrations to try to set the clock accurately until I
realized that (1) the clock isn't all that accurate anyway, and (2) 30
seconds one way or the other doesn't really matter in a thermostat.  I have
another brand of talking thermostat whose clock is much less accurate than
the one you've got, so I just count myself lucky that the damned thing works
at all.

Steve