From:
Date:
Sat, 16 Nov 2013 08:26:46 -0600
Thanks everyone for your responses to my plea of frustration after reading
the Kenwood TS-590 menu. Allan, of course I know what USB and LSB are! <lol>
I was in ham radio when Sideband first came into ham radio, e.g. double
sideband, single sideband phasing rigs, the early gear like the Central Labs
100V, etc. What I don't know is what the TS-590 does when you put it into
what seems to be referred to as USB Data and LSB Data modes. When the word
"Data" is added to USB and LSB, that puts me into baffled village! <lol>

I would like to hear from Barb since she just recently purchased a TS-590 to
get her take on all of its bells & whistles. Of course, I suspect Barb is
much younger and smarter than I am; so, it was probably intuitive to her
right out of the box! <lol>

Ron, K8HSY