From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Nov 2013 07:51:03 -0500
When I was looking for a dryer, 2 years ago, I found that the best thing is
go in to a store if possible and look at them in person, find one with the
dials and go with it. I got a hot point drier, looks like all the low end
ones these days and I like it. My mother has the matching washing machine
which I have used with some minor dial labeling. In some ways though I wish
I fixed the drier that was here when we moved in but I think it's something
someone took out of storage just to have here to sell the place. It had a
manufacturer's sticker on the back saying it was made in 1963 but the blower
locked up on it and killed the belt the first time I tried to use it and I
didn't realize at the time, after someone told me I couldn't get parts for
it, that in actuality I could still get parts other wise I'd have put the
$40 in to parts, plus a little shipping and kept that one. That was a fancy
one to say the least though I'm sure a power hog. The new one isn't too bad
form the specs, there are better, there are worse. That's my best advice and
I hope not to need a washer for a while, I like the one I have even if it is
real low end.