From:
Steve Dresser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Sep 2013 11:50:01 -0400
Butch,

It sounds like you're getting some sort of interaction between the loop and
your other antenna.  I once read that anything within 10000 feet of an
antenna can affect its performance, and while I suspect that in most cases
the effects are small, they may sometimes be quite large.  I'm pretty sure
that most of us have antennas that interact with each other in some way, but
we don't worry about it as long as we can work the stations we want without
blowing up our radios in the process.  Both your antennas depend on other
things in the environment to make them work, so I'm not surprised that
you're getting those results.

Steve