From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Jul 2013 17:07:04 -0600
I paid 100 dollars from

www.atguys.com

for a set of these BlueZ, that's blues spelled with a Z instead of an S at
the end.  They allow you access to Siri, mute, answering and disconnecting
calls, and music.  It is a light wait headset in stereo.  Instead of going
over your ears, or into your ear, the 2 ear square pads lay against her head
just in front of your ear.  Yes, you can hear fine and it allows you to the
opportunity to hear anything normally without your hearing being blocked.
It has two ways of checking battery life.  Once charged, I've been getting a
couple of days out of mine but then I don't get that many calls.  It takes 3
hours to fully charge and in your ears you hear beeps every 2 minutes when
the battery drops to low.  Also, on your iPhone, in the upper right corner,
you can hear it say, when touching the screen, "BlueTooth Status," and just
to the right of that, a 2 digit number that indicates the battery state as a
percentage.  Once you get down to 49 percent, it drops much faster but there
is still a goodly amount of time left.  If you have a pocket charge, you can
charge it back up quickly, or, of course, it comes with a cable that allows
you to USB from the computer.  The bow of the 2-piece earphones does not go
over the top of your head but behind your ears and rests lightly on your
neck.  The off and on switch has a triple beep going up the scale when you
slide the tiny button to the on position, and a triple beep going down the
scale when you turn it off.  If bluetooth is running, and after switching
the headset on, you hear the 3 beeps going up the scale and then a second
later, 3 rapid beeps confirming bluetooth is making contact.  My phone ran
down last night so I plugged it into my Bose docking music station to
charge, went out on my deck swing to listen to a podcast harmonica lesson,
and it worked fine.  I was probably 25 feet away but it claims 33 feet as do
they all.  I can almost keep a bluetooth signal throughout my entire house
but the furtherest rooms are a little too far.  There is a volume control
bar, up and down, which beeps once each time one or the other end of it is
pressed and the volume of the beep gets louder, or weaker, so you know you
are pressing the correct end of the bar.  Each ear pad in front of your ear
opening has a button for answering and disconnecting calls, accessing siri,
and the other ear piece is used for music.  There may be some other features
but I haven't figured those out yet.  I can get siri to prepare to sent a
text voice recognition recorded message but I haven't figured out how to
access the quoting of my text so if anybody else knows, let me know what I'm
not doing.  They are not heavy but well constructed.  If I get tired of
wearing them, I drop them down around my neck and can still hear through the
headset when it rings or when other messages come through.  I tried an Apple
headset awhile back but it would not do what the salesman told me it would
do accessing siri so I found that bluetooth headset worthless.  Oh, yes, the
stereo music is good.  Not like a big pair of headphones, of course, but
good clear quality music.  Use with skype or echolink would be well worth
it, too.

Phil.
K0NX