From:
Bob Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Jul 2013 16:00:30 -0400
Hi;

This is the talking radio Best Buy contracted IBIQUITY to develop for them.  Don't think it stayed around very long before it was discontinued.  I had to get a replacement almost right away and it has problems but won't go into those except that a very powerful FM station in Washington, DC has stopped coming in at times.  They furnish a wire dipole which is simple about 16 gage insulated wire that user can stretch out and shift until they get the best reception.  The AM antenna is a single 8 foot wire.  Their reasoning is that a built in or onboard antenna gets interference from the radio's micro processor.  Didn't need to hear all of this did you?

Has anyone found a good indoor substitution for the supplied wire antennas?

Actually the radio sounds great.  It is table radio size with four speakers and 10 watts audio output.  The dual clocks work fine but in my radio are reversed with clock one on right side and clock two on the other.. All clock settings are accessible but some radio functions are not.  Price was right.

73:
Bob Martin
KC3FI