From:
Michael Thurman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Jul 2013 19:36:12 -0400
there are 5 programable function keys, one is for your pf button located just to the left of the power button on the top left, the other four are for the hand mic with the  keypad, which is an optional accessory. yo can also build a button bo to simulate the extra function keys if you like. I do not remember the resistor values required for that off the top of my head, but placing different resistance values from the up or down mic pins to ground activates the extra functions. i will probably build one of those boxes. I believe the default setting for the button is to speak the frequency, but it can be set to speak the s meter instead if you prefer. I forget what it is called, but the first pf button in the series of menus is for the front panel pf key if memory serves. if you do not have the hand mic with the buttons, or a button box you can just set all o them to the desired  function and not worry about it until you get a mic with extra buttons or build a box.
I hope this ells. I wi try and find a better answer for you if none else beats me to it

73 kb7nla