From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Jul 2013 14:07:46 -0600
no, there is no service menu.
everything is set in the single chip that makes up most of the radio.
the only access you have to settings is through the menus or through the
programming software, which is the same menus and not very accessible.
So, there is nothing you can do as a user or even as a technician to change
what's happening beyond the basic menu settings.
Everything is set in firmware except one basic frequency offset adjustment
pot inside the radio.
This radio is a single chip that does everything, and all functions are
controlled by firmware...beyond that there is a power amplifier and a basic
user interface system and that's it.
Your RX frequency could be slightly off kilter and that's why when you get
flutter it drops stuff out...but again, no way to set that as the internal
pot is for tx frequency adjustment only.
Maybe this is a bug with your unit as I haven't heard of anyone else having
this specific issue.  Mine works great on a squelch setting of 3 on both vhf
and UHF both mobile and stationary.
73
Colin, V A6BKX