From:
Patrick Tice <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Jul 2013 18:03:53 +0000
Hello, List -

I have an IC-7200.  It comes with the speech built in, not an option.  The speech is limited to the frequency readout and meter.  No menu speech is supported. On the plus side, it has a direct frequency entry keypad and the layout is logical and easily learned.  The front firing speaker is a plus.  The speech is very clear and easy to understand.  The twin passband tuning is excellent and can be done with the concentric analog controls. The receiver is very good.  I like the radio a lot, but as I can see to operate it I am not really qualified to comment further on the details of blind operation.

Kudos to Icom for building the speech in.

73 - Pat
 Patrick Tice

 ----- Original Message -----  From: Richard Fiorello <[log in to unmask]>  To: [log in to unmask]  Sent: Sat, 06 Jul 2013 15:15:05 -0000 (UTC)  Subject: ic-7200    Hi;  I think someone mentioned this radio a few days ago.  Anyone know if   there is speech available for it and how user friendly it is?  Looked at   a few web sites and didn't see any mention of an optional speech board.    --   richard