From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Jun 2013 16:23:57 -0600
What verticals for HF are some of you using these days.  Is the 80 meter kit
still made for the r8 vertical.  I haven't found that kit but just the guide
kit for the r8.  I don't see any butternut verticals covering 80 through 6
plus the WARC bands.  I've had a vertical years ago 80 through 10 the same
coverage of the butternut hf6vx but they were, and are, both only 26 feet
tall.  Not tall enough for 80 meters unless you put it on a tall tower.  The
last time I did that, I took a direct lightning strike two weeks later.

Phil.
K0NX