From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Jun 2013 14:03:14 -0600
did you make sure you turned off all the silly repeater squelch tail
eliminators and reverse burst and stuff on the radio?
also, run the squelch only one step from wide open.
The squelch on the uv5R is dsp, so it's not a real squelch and most guys
report it has no effect between 1 and 9 lol.
Anyway, I don't have much problem with the uv5R when mobile dropping the
repeater or anything while it's fluttering or weak.
Oh, if you have the rx tone enabled, just turn it off and that will help to
minimize drop outs like that.
No need for the rx tone really other than to help make the radio a bit less
noisy in high RF environments.
I say turn it off, but you have to delete the channel and reprogram to get
rid of it all together.

73
Colin, V A6BKX