From:
Deborah Armstrong <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 6 Jun 2013 08:10:54 -0700
So does anyone have solutions (or know of web pages that might) for this? At
home, where we control the router, EchoLink works great.

At work, where I don't, I can't play most internet radio, much less use
Echolink. I also cannot use  the HandiHam remote base software, nor
Ventrillo, though TcConference works fine.

You might argue that I should be working at work, and you are absolutely
right. But the para-transit service is getting worse here each year, which
means a great deal of my time is spent at work waiting for my ride, or
arriving so early that there's nothing to do but surf until the day
officially begins. Though I work from 7 to 4, I'm usually at work by 6:30
and often don't leave until after 5:30.

I've tried connecting to EchoLink using the lists of public proxies in
EchoLink, but all I ever get is a message saying:
    Cannot connect to EchoLink proxy at "62.177.212.82"
    Check the proxy configuration.  If the configuration is correct, the
proxy may be down or already in use.

The message seems misleading, because I tried many different public proxies,
so I think access to them must be blocked as well.

What's weird is that Skype works just great. I'm not a huge skype fan
though, as I would much rather listen than constantly talk.

And when I consult our IT guys about this, they claim that all these ports
are blocked so people won't be skyping when they should be working. And
skype is the one thing that does function in spite of all their security!

Thoughts about this or resources to check would be most appreciated.

--Debee [KF6BKR]