From:
COLLEEN ROTH <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 May 2013 13:39:23 -0400
Hello,
I have heard that the 570 does have a lot of speech and that you can make some notes so that you can do much of the programming yourself.
I have a Kenwood 440s which I purchased in 1995 when I joined Navy Marine Corp Mars. I got an Icom 706 so that I could be NTIA Compliant.
Both of these radios read out the Frequency. I have an External Tuner in line with the Icom 706.
I haven't turned the Kenwood on in some time.
I also have a Kenwood Dual Band Radio with Speech readout. It is the TMV71A.
I also have a Kenwood Radio which does have speech readout so I just count the clicks.
I do not do any programming and am not interested in this area. I just have someone else do this.
I have two Icom 2AT's which have the thumb wheels notched. Actually one is my husband's but he has a Yaesu 470 which he can see.
I was given an HTX202 by someone who didn't want it.
Of course I am not interested in contesting, I just want to handle NTS Traffic and participate in MARS.
Colleen Roth, N8TNV;