Date:
Sun, 12 May 2013 12:06:31 -0500
The three models that are the most widely used are the mac mini, the macbook
air, and the macbook pro.  The mac mini is a small desktop machine and is
the bottom of the line.  The two macbooks are both laptops.  The Macbook air
is a machine with a solid state drive so it is fast, quiet and may be a bit
less expandable than the macbook pro.  The pro comes in different sizes and
configurations and my guess is that it the most commonly used mac today.
Any of these would be a good starting place.
There is a fourth model, I am drawing a blank at the moment on its name, and
one of the features of it that I have mixed feelings about is the fact that
it has a built-in monitor.

Bob kd0br