Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Sat, 25 May 2013 14:50:25 -0400
7bit
From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
I don't know if I'd try it, likely it's radiating through the coax run from
the radio to antenna switch and RF ground which likely isn't all that good.
Of course I say that and when I was newly licensed for the HF bands I found
if I run a wire from the RF ground connection to the water pipe in the
bathroom on the other side of the wall behind the radio desk, and pulled the
PL-259 connector enough out of the radio so the shell wasn't making contact,
connected to my 10 meter antenna it would tune on 160 very well. Of course
the burglar alarm system in the house never worked right again after I did
that and my voice was coming out of several places in the house and scared
the hell out of my brother who was visiting at the time, but I had fun for a
half hour before he was able to yell up and ask what I was doing. In short,
try it at your own risk, I can't guaranty you'll like the results.