Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 23 May 2013 22:24:00 -0400
7bit
Sender:
From:
David Weigel <[log in to unmask]>
Hello. I am new to the List.  I've been licensed for 21 years, and lost my
eyesight about 6 years ago.  I've been using my boatanchor transceivers with
assistance of family members making adjustments & reading meters pre-tuning
the radios and tuner for my use which limits my flexibility for band
switching, etc., during operation, particularly when I am alone.  I would
appreciate info re: where to find a talking wattmeter and suggestions of
what amplifier(s) might be recommended for use with my current transceivers
- two Kenwood TS-520s, a Swan Cygnet 270 (in storage/not used since 1977)
and a Rockwell/Collins KWM-380 that is currently off line with a synthesizer
problem.  Any other information regarding more modern transceivers and board
inserts for speech capabilities of rig settings would also be much
appreciated.  Oh, yes - one last question:  Is anyone using a Yaesu FL 7000
HF Amplifier?  And if so, with what transceiver?  and is it recommended for
blind ham use? (Simplicity of operation with equipment that doesn't
self-destruct quickly in "normal" tuning mode, etc., is

            desired.)

     Thank you.

                                                          Dave Weigel -
KD4JEZ