From:
Butch Bussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jul 2013 22:28:18 -0700
Many of you on this list know my story of my brief employment with bureau
of services to the blind in Nevada and the discrimination i went through
there.  It was literally the year from hell in my life.  Discrimination
against the blind is out there and makes it extremely difficult for us to
find employment.  What always has annoyed me are those who are fortunate
and lucky enough to have found a good paying job acting like if we'd just
get off of our asses and put forth some effort we could be where they are.
Sure it takes work, but also a fair dab of good fortune and good luck.
I've been there.  You're not necessarily better than the rest of us, just
luckier.

As for me affording all this stuff like my 990 and Alpha 9500.  Believe me
if my wife Libbie were still here, that money would be still in savings
for a trip or cruise.  I lost her In December of 2010 and there is still a
big hole in my life and I guess there always will be.  Do I enjoy this
high priced gear?  Sure I do, but I'd give a thousand 990s to have her
back.  Those of you who have good jobs, be thankful and try not to look
down on those folks who for various reasons don't.  If you have a wife or
husband, be thankful and enjoy every moment.  That is my two cents worth.

73
Butch
WA0VJR
Node 3148