From:
Gary Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Jun 2013 21:50:22 -0400
Matt:

Sorry, just saw this in the welter of email.

Yes, there are automatic tuners that don't require labeling.  However, with them you take what you get.  The mfj 993b and similar allow you to tweak the match if you so desire.  I could always get mine down to 1.3 or better, where the tuner usually stopped at 1.5.

In my opinion, the best of the simple tuners is the ldg z100+.
This needs a small mod to add a non-resonant piezo buzzer on the indidcater led line.  With this mod, it is perfectly accessible.

I have one and have used it successfuly in various situations.

feel free to call or write if you have further questions.

765-286-0314.

After 6:00 weekdays.  usually here all day sunday.

Gary Lee