VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Terri Hedgpeth <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Terri Hedgpeth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Jun 2014 15:12:02 +0000
Let me just remind everyone, not every product that comes to market is accessible to all sighted people either.  So it is important to keep giving feedback to developers, manufacturers, and inventers. It is not productive to be so myopic in our thinking.  We are better served to think in terms of how accessibility can be integrated into products that are mainstream such as iPhone, Android phones, and some whirlpool and GE appliances.  FYI, I was recently shopping for a dryer and found a whole new crop of laundry appliances with smooth touch screens.