VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bill Pasco <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Pasco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Jun 2014 09:17:30 -0700
Very true. That said, buttons do still exist for now, and there are quite
a few people, not just blind people either, who prefer buttons. I wouldn't
be surprised if either a hybrid becomes the norm, or a few devices remain
which have buttons. This phenomenon is particularly prevalent in the auto
industry. Touch screens are taking over, but both Consumer's Reports, and
many drivers do not like them, and they aren't always the best solution in
all situations. Touch screens are the new kids on the block, and as with
many innovations, that form factor is having sway, but we really don't
know what will be the eventual outcome. It could be something completely
different from touch screens or push buttons such as magnetic resonance
thought control, or something else. Never try and exactly predict the
future as you will be wrong.

Interesting discussion.
Bill