From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Jun 2013 23:11:20 -0400
Steve,

Sure, I know that was the way to do it "back in the day".   I guess  the
increase in  additional sound devices got FS off the  can and got them
to implement something  so easy even I can do it.

BTW, I heard you and Lloyd on  for a short time Saturday on 40 meters.
I threw my call out once or twice, but you guys didn't hear me.   I did
have a short chat with Lowell W8QIY, at the top of the hour, but the
band was very bad.

73, Steve KW3A

On 6/5/2013 10:46 PM, Steve Dresser wrote:
> Steve,
>
> I think Debbie gave us the solution which works with versions of JAWS prior
> to the addition of the sound card manager.  So, as they used to say in an
> old TV commercial, "Stop, you're both right!"
>
> Steve

>>> Synth1LongName=Eloquence Software
>>> Synth1Driver=eloq
>>>
>>> And below that add:
>>> Synth1Port="Sound Max HD Audio"
>>>
>>> .. Or whatever string you discovered is the exact name for your mixer
>>> device. Put it in quotes, with only spaces inside the quotes if spaces
>>> are
>>> part of the string. No spaces on that line outside of the quotes. If you
>>> make a mistake, you loose speech -- so be warned!
>>>
>>> On one of my machines, the actual audio device is called "RealTek
>>> High-Definition Audio" but on another, that's simply a comment in the
>>> list
>>> of devices, the actual mixer name is "Speakers".
>>>
>>> If you use JAWS 14, the synth.ini is a bit different:
>>> [Eloquence Software]
>>> ItemLong="Eloquence Software"
>>> ItemDriver="eloq"
>>> ItemShort="eloq"