VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 29 Jul 2014 22:09:45 -0400
From:
David hilbert poehlman <[log in to unmask]>
I hope not.

On Jul 29, 2014, at 9:09 PM, David Goldfield wrote:

Jeff,
I will admit that navigating Web pages with Safari on the Mac is unlike anything you've ever seen with any Windows screen reader.  If you're used to using Safari on the iPhone, the process is similar as left/right arrow navigates by ... not line by line but kind of like what window-eyes refers to a as a "clip" or block of text.  Up and down arrow keys navigates by whatever you set the rotor to, so if you set the rotor to "links" then down arrow moves to the next link, not the next line.
Left and up together or right and down arrow together adjusts the rotor, similar to the twist on iOS touchscreens.
I just heard from one of my twitter contacts that the next version of OSX will allow you to navigate a Web page similarly to the way it's done in windows, so try to hang on until around September.        Until then, left/right arrows moves sequentially through a Web page.

Feel free to visit my new Web site

http://www.DavidGoldfield.info

Feel free to visit my LinkedIn profile

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/david-goldfield/12/929/573

Visit my blog

http://davidgoldfield.wordpress.com

Follow me on Twitter

http://www.twitter.com/davidgoldfield

      David Goldfield,
     Founder and Peer Coordinator

 Philadelphia Computer Users' Group for the Blind and Visually Impaired

--
Jonnie Appleseed
With His

Archived on the World Wide Web at