VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Sat, 6 Oct 2012 19:43:16 -0700
From:
I use Track Changes off and on. There's usually enough of a break
between uses that I need to relearn a lot, but it always turns out to be
simple and accessible with Jaws. I'm pretty sure there are commands for
finding comments and revisions, which you can find in the Jaws help
(ins+h while in Word). I believe there's even a command for Jaws to read
or ignore the changes. What I recall, though, is that Jaws reads your
version of the document in say-all, but all the edits when you're just
arrowing around. I have a vague memory of making changes to the comment
balloons so Jaws would read them better, but I don't remember what I did
and which version of Word or Jaws I did it in.

If you don't have Jaws and if you're editing the document for a sighted
person, you can save the original document with one name and save your
version of the document with a different name. then you can use the
Compare feature in Word. I've pasted a link for how this works.
http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/how-to-compare-two-versions-of-the-same-word-2010-.html
The last time I tried it was about a year ago (Word 2007 and Jaws 11 or
12), and it wasn't accessible: the changes marked on the comparison
document were mostly not read by Jaws. The information in the link
suggests the process and results are different from what I remember, but
I haven't tried it recently.

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]