VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Sat, 6 Oct 2012 19:22:30 -0400
From:
Penny Reeder <[log in to unmask]>
Hi Deborah, I have attempted to use track changes on a few occasions.
My screen reader is WindowEyes.  As in your case, it was a requirement
for the writing assignment I was working on in collaboration with
others.  I found it just too cumbersome and confusing to do
independently with my screen reader.  Yes, G.W.Micro will tell you
that it is possible and it can be done, but it's just too hard to deal
with track changes independently.  Once I ended up hiring a reader,
and that worked fairly well for me.  But, what worked better was
creating a separate document and copying and pasting the sentence or
phrase which I wanted to change and then, inside brackets, writing
[Change to:  ***]  That worked for the other people on the team and
was much simpler for me.
HTH,
Penny