ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Pat Ferguson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Jun 2013 11:29:56 -0500
Hi Everyone,

God is Good! Please read below.

We had a great vacation, as we left on the 16th of June, and on the
21st of June, on Friday afternoon  we were on our way home. We ran
into nasty weather, and we were between 2 tornados. The straight
winds that we were in were  around 100MPH The Pontoon boat flipped
into the ditch upside down. The hail was horrible, and we were
scared, accept Vernon. I don't know if Dean was scared or not, but
Kathy, Allyson, Betty and I were. Not sure about Dan. I kind of think
he was scared, too, since he was on top of Kathy and Allyson,
protecting them from anything that might have hit them. They were in
Dean's truck. Dean and Betty were in their Motor Home, with Mitsy and
Annie, and I know they were scared, and Vernon and I were in our
Motor Home. We were about 11 miles from De Smet. The tornados were in
rain. I would love to have had my digital recorders with me, but I forgot them.

Two guys came by the sceen, and picked up the Pontoon Boat and put it
on it's Pontoons, right side up.

I had called 911 3 times, but they couldn't hear me very well. The
last time I called them, I made sure they heard me and new what cell
phone number I was calling from. Vernon also called them, to make
sure they new we were not leaving the sceen of an accident.

After things calmed down a bit, Vernon had me go to De Smet with Dan
and Kathy and Allyson, and Dean was the lead in his Motor Home. He
dropped the Motor Home in our yard with his boat, and unloaded his
truck, and they went back to get stuff out of our Pontoon boat, so no
one would steal the contents of the boat. I stayed with Betty.

Dean came back with one load, and he stopped and talked with the
Sherriff, and we had lost power for a long time, then he went back to
get another load.

The last time he came back, everyone was with him, and Vernon was
driving our Motor Home and pulling the boat trailor.

We tried to find a place that was open to get something to eat, I was
going to buy, since they were helping us, but Kathy said no. We found
the CowBoy Store had some Pizza's left, so Kathy bought all of them,
2 small ones and one large one. We ate and talked, and then Vernon
and I came home.

Saturday Morning, Dan, Dean, Kathy and Allyson went with Vernon to
get the damaged Pontoon boat and brot it back here.

Saturday night we had another bad storm, but it was not a tornado,
just high winds of over60MPH. A tree fell and hit the roof of our house.

Oh, and did I tell you that the Sunday before we went on vacation, my
dish-washer broke. Sears can't come to fix it until July 6th.

Life is wonderful! Jesus is my Savior.

Thanks much.
Love and Blessings,

Pat Ferguson