GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Samba Goddard <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 14 Jun 1999 00:38:21 +0200
>INNAALILAAHI WA INNAA ELAIHEE RAAJI-OUN

This is a very sad news to hear,but we cannot run away from it.
>Life without death has no meaning.
My condole goes to the entire family and Dairatul Hassiheen.

Alhagie Babou Samba was both the "branches and the roots" of
Dairatul Hassiheen,but Alhamdullilaa he trained people like Ebou
Secka (baybass),Mbye Gaye,Essa of Ahlul-Badarr and others.
When ever you hear this people singing the poet of the prophet
Muhammad (SAW) or Sheikh Ahmad Tijan (RA) (May the mercy
and blessing of Allah be upon them) you will think that is Alhagie
Babou Samba that is singing.

Alhagie Babou was some one who used to make people happy
spiritually in their heart by singing the poet of Muhammad and
Sheikh Ahmad Tijan some get tears from their eyes and most of the
people dont understand what he is saying but they have good
feelings,he had a golden voice.People used to gave him too much of
money because of the poet he used to sing for Sheikh Ahmad Tijan
(RA),and I know many people who used to say in the Gamo`s that
the money they have with them is only when he sing the poet of
Sheikh Ahmad Tijan.

People like Alhagie Babou Samba, they came to give message for
the people.I can rember one of his song that he used to say that:
"Ndaigem Rasool la hay neh mess,ham ngen neh fee ken du fi dess,
ku nehka warr naa mugn teh set chi Laahu,gohm ay ndogal lam"
meaning that if it is Muhammad(SAW) that went back to his makern,
so will we all not last; We should bear and look to God; believe and
follow his directions. As Soffie Ceesay said,thank you very much
Soffie this was the message Alhagie Babou was singing for us in a
nice voice, and some of us get the message know.

The only thing we can do know is to follow the last part of the song
or message, that we should bear and look to God; believe and follow
his directions.If you only like Alhagie Babou Samba because of his
nice voice or the poetries he used to sing for the prophet and
Sheikh Ahmad Tijan, then you lost the whole meaning of the
messages he used to gave.

Yes Alhagie Babou Samba is gone,but we are still with him spiritually
He teach some of his "Talubehs" the message in a song,and some
of them has the same voice like him,when you hear them on a radio
cassette tape, you will think that is Alhagie Babou that is singing.
Alhamdullila we should thanks Allah for that.

Alhagie Babou Samba was a good muslim,Alhamdullila.

May Allah (SWT) gives us the understanding of the message that
Alhagie Babou Samba was trying to gave us.

May Allah recompense us for our affliction and replace if for us with
something better.

May Allah shower him with His mercy and grant him forgiveness.

May Allah gives us the heart to obey His Command and accept it.

And for you Dairatul Hassiheen members, May Allah gives you all
long-life,good-health and progress in all what you are doing in the
way of Allah (SWT).
Alhagie Babou is always with you, because he gave you somethings
thet you will never forget him,just keep on the good work.

>May his soul rest in perfect peace.....Ameen!!!!!

>Asalamu alaikum warahmatullaahi wabarrakatuhu

>Allaahu masalli alaa saidina Muhammadin wa allaa ali Muhammadin

Samba Goddard