From:
Sarah R Rogers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Mar 1995 02:00:48 -0500

I find that I'm more concerned that my two-year-old daughter does not
have enough fat in her diet. The other celiacs in our group (Virginia
is so far the youngest known celiac in our area) also find it
difficult to put on and keep on weight and fat. Some fat is needed
in your diet. I count on Virginia's baked goods to provide most of the
fat in her diet, since she cannot eat lower grades of meat. Even with
the higher fat content in the baked goods she eats, she is in the 15th
percentile for her weight and has below minimum body fat. This is not
to say she is not healthy, but we do worry about her reserves should she
become ill.
        She reacts VERY badly to even trace amounts of gluten, and can
drop from one to four pounds with an episode.
        I vote for not worrying too much about the fat.

Sarah Rogers